Wearing Crocs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I openly refer to Croc's as "Birth control shoes" to my friends (in homage to the "birth control glasses" dudes were issued in the Army way back when if they needed them)
- ive never worn a pair or even been compelled to try them on

-- buuuut - i wear Skechers slip ons or Hey Dudes almost exclusively if im not wearing my steppin' out boots :woot::woot: I have found through observation that these seem to the current champion for "lazy guy's footwear" --- or you could flip it around by saying that we're such bad asses, we cant be confined to laces to slow us down on our way to doing something action packed, so we wear Crocs and Skeechers

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suffered with PF for years. Started wearing sandals for running, everything. If it's warm enough in the fall I'll even wear them deer hunting.

For any dumbass that thinks they aren't "manly" enough, they should read their history books. Sandals have been worn since nearly the dawn of time.
I don’t wear Jesus boots either.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Crocs are gay lol, I wear HEY Dudes or Nike tennis shoes. It too much of a struggle to pull my boots on. I have 4 pair of ostrich and 1 pair off bull hide.
I wore those exclusively for over 30 years.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poeple that wear Hoka's day in/day out will end up with shin splits from their feet being Dorsiflexed. Especially if standing for long periods. This is especially true of Hoka's with thr fat cushoiny soles
Can you explain this further because it makes no sense to me. Most people who get shin splints do a lot of running daily and are quite active. Don't see how your feet being dorsiflexed,, especially with the minimal degree the Hokas keep your feet in can cause shin splints. In fact, not having good or having minimal dorsiflex in your feet can cause a ton of problems walking, running. The only thing with the Hokas possibly causing shin splints is that people really like them because of their thick comfortable soles. THey put them on and and if feels great. Especially bigger, heavier people may not have the correct support and start to get pronated feet which can cause shin splints. I' a bigger guy and love my soft soles on my athletic shoes but I must have the most stability to keep my feet from pronating.

Latest posts

Top Bottom