What do you know about S&W M&P

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the S&W M&P's quite a bit. Light Years ahead of the Sigma and very robust with machined parts. Good trigger out of the box (not great aside from the 5.7.) I've fired the 9's, .40's, and .45's. Good value, highly recommended. Have a few beefs with the new 5.7 though. Can't get the 22 round magazine in the firearm with 22 rds in it, so maximum capacity with 1 in the chamber is 22 rds. Fit and finish, the gap is abit large between the slide and frame. Pluses are 22 rd total capacity in a 1.1 inch thick full size pistol, more accurate than I can shoot, short reset, and a joy to shoot. Too bad I lost it in a boating accident.
“…Too bad I lost it in a boating accident…”

Sounds a good story. I hate to hear about boating accidents, salt in the wound with losing a firearm.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
M&P Shield .45 is EDC for me. Best feature is the 1" width.
Carrying one now. The one with the safety was sold and replaced with one without. Don't have photos of that one yet. The 4" PC version is a pretty spiffy carry piece too. Got some 9mm goodness below. Gen 1 Shield, full size M2.0, and a 3.6" compact M2.0.
20231020_165909.jpg
20190830_143349.jpg

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that you have never seen one, in real life. They have been around for quite a many years, and if you have never seen one in real life than you have never gone into a gun store to have a look around.
Now, I could believe you of you say you have never shot one.

I have never shot a Sig pistol.
But I sure have seen one before.

Now, I own 3. A compact that is for carry, a 4 inch and a 5 inch Pro series. No plans to ever get rid of any of them.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really like the M&P 9 Shield Plus for EDC.

I used to have an M&P 2.0 Compact in 9mm. I experienced substantial heat transfer from the takedown lever to my left thumb anytime I fired more than 3 or 4 mags.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that you have never seen one, in real life. They have been around for quite a many years, and if you have never seen one in real life than you have never gone into a gun store to have a look around.
Now, I could believe you of you say you have never shot one.

I have never shot a Sig pistol.
But I sure have seen one before.

Now, I own 3. A compact that is for carry, a 4 inch and a 5 inch Pro series. No plans to ever get rid of any of them.
And I find it equally hard to believe that you would make a stupidass statement like that.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I find it equally hard to believe that you would make a stupidass statement like that.
It's not as stupid ass a statement as the one you made in the first sentence on the original post.
You said you have never seen a S&W M&P. I find that very hard to believe. They are everywhere!

If you truly have never seen one, you need to put on your big boy pants and get out into the public and visit a couple store. You're sure to see 1 or 12.

Latest posts

Top Bottom