Which Watch are you wearing today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. Did you have self control or ?
Also looked up the watch and on the low end it is a $285 watch used . Pretty happy to say the least.
When I get home today I am going to get studying that cool copper looking watch I got from you.
Yes, I was exercising great restraint!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up several watches at the Sound Bar last night .... This one was not on the agenda and caused me to get the evil eye when I walked in the door with the box. :cool: Several folks from OSA were there , so very cool meeting a couple of you guys and getting to see the others again!! View attachment 477255

That PRS was an absolute steal. Congrats!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t know, the complete mutt, German, Russian, pocket watch, conversion to a wrist watch for 350 was quite the steal… No telling what it really was, other than confusing. It had me and @coolhandluke rather confused.
If we would have held the dial up to a decent light source from the get go, we would have figured out what it was real fast...garbage. At least you could have spun a good story about it being a Russian captured and converted Kriegsmarine watch. Just carve Mikhail and some cryllic characters on the back and it'll be worth thousands.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up several watches at the Sound Bar last night .... This one was not on the agenda and caused me to get the evil eye when I walked in the door with the box. :cool: Several folks from OSA were there , so very cool meeting a couple of you guys and getting to see the others again!! View attachment 477255
You watch blocked me, and stole that watch from out from under me. I clearly said Dibbs, it may have been under my breath but DAMIT I said it.!!
That really is a cool looking watch. Congrats

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, probably so. Everyone says, "you got a phone, why not just use it to see what time it is?" It's because it's easier to just turn my wrist and look. With my phone, I gotta pull it out of me pocket, push a button on the side and then put it back in me pocket.

Yeah, I know, quite the burden and chore. :rolleyes2

Besides...I'm an old school kinda guy. I still like to see the hands on the dial. Sounds silly and a little bit :screwy: but when I see the face of a clock instead of digital numbers, I know how long I have until I need to be wherever to do whatever.
100% there with you.

I did in fact for many years just use my phone. And more recently almost fell into the Apple watch trap. But as I was mulling that over I was just thinking that I can't see well enough to use it for emails, texts and whatever, so I just reverted back to wearing an old school watch with hands on it. All the electronic "gizmo watches" are cool and all, but just seem to have no "soul". Just not for me I guess...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m out mowing and cleaning up a commercial property where the tenants are about to learn about the civil court system in OK county…but I wonder if this counts as a beater? I’m wearing it while taking down a homeless camp.
I don't care if @surjimmy called dibs or not, :gun2: if you catch me in the right mood, I may just jump on that one. You know, if it's $0.12 on the dollar. :rotflmao:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we would have held the dial up to a decent light source from the get go, we would have figured out what it was real fast...garbage. At least you could have spun a good story about it being a Russian captured and converted Kriegsmarine watch. Just carve Mikhail and some cryllic characters on the back and it'll be worth thousands.
It was owned by Stalin, converted by Karl Dönitz, then owned Hitler. I took it off his dead body after I shot him with a Glock 34. The Glock 34 is for sale. Bids start at 1 million.

Latest posts

Top Bottom