• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

10/22 parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Anyone have any 10/22 parts they're not using? Mainly looking for a threaded barrel and stock. Would like a lightweight .920 barrel that's muzzle threaded, and maybe a Magpul or similar stock. Thought maybe someone had done some upgrading and had their old stuff still. Figured I'd check here before buying new, TIA

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Anyone have any 10/22 parts they're not using? Mainly looking for a threaded barrel and stock. Would like a lightweight .920 barrel that's muzzle threaded, and maybe a Magpul or similar stock. Thought maybe someone had done some upgrading and had their old stuff still. Figured I'd check here before buying new, TIA
If you want to use a .920 barrel, it’s unlikely you’ll find a factory “take off” stock that’ll work. I went with a Hogue with a threaded Volquartsen carbon .920 barrel, and it’s a super lightweight rig.
In my opinion, the threaded barrel is a waste, because there’s no point with supersonic ammo. With subsonic, it won’t operate the bolt, so for all practical purposes, it’s a single shot.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
If you want to use a .920 barrel, it’s unlikely you’ll find a factory “take off” stock that’ll work. I went with a Hogue with a threaded Volquartsen carbon .920 barrel, and it’s a super lightweight rig.
In my opinion, the threaded barrel is a waste, because there’s no point with supersonic ammo. With subsonic, it won’t operate the bolt, so for all practical purposes, it’s a single shot.
I use CCI Standard Velocity and CCI Green Tag (both of which are subsonic) and they cycle my 10/22 just fine. YMMV

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I use CCI Standard Velocity and CCI Green Tag (both of which are subsonic) and they cycle my 10/22 just fine. YMMV
Same here. CCI Standard Velocity ammo cycles just fine in my 10/22 with DeadAir Mask suppressor. Ammo is sub-sonic with only the sound of the action cycling when fired.

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Check out Ebay, that’s where I got the (used) hogue stock for mine. Heavy bbls that are threaded can be found there, just don’t know how good of a deal they are for those.
IMG_3659.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Yes sir. Gemtech Outback II. They cycle just fine with or without. Barrel I use is a Tactical Solutions .920” fluted. It is aluminum with a steel liner
Standard velocity ammo should cycle, but CCI Quiets and a couple different RWS sub ammo definitely will not.

@clintbailey I apologize for your ad going off track.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Standard velocity ammo should cycle, but CCI Quiets and a couple different RWS sub ammo definitely will not.

@clintbailey I apologize for your ad going off track.
No worries man! I actually appreciate the input, my first foray into "custom" rimfire stuff so any help is good help. I actually found a place where I can get a new TacSol X-Ring barrel for $230ish so I might go with it.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
No worries man! I actually appreciate the input, my first foray into "custom" rimfire stuff so any help is good help. I actually found a place where I can get a new TacSol X-Ring barrel for $230ish so I might go with it.
I like Tactical Solution stuff a lot. I seriously doubt you’ll be disappointed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom