Ruger 10/22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RezRunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK so I am not sure if I want modify my 10/22 or just get parts and build one from the ground up. If anyone can give me suggestions on what parts to get or maybe pics of something you have modified, I would be grateful to see or hear. Thinking about something a little more Tactical. But would consider something with some range, or at least as much as you can get with a .22

Last edited:

LittleLoggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magpul hunter stock, low power scope or fixed power scope possibly a red dot. Would be a solid start. Could add barrel and thousands of other parts down the road. Endless possibilities in the platform.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends what you want you to do with it. Prairie dogs in MT? Compact hiking rifle? Target gun? Barnyard pigeons? Do you want ready to go or do you like to tinker? What's your budget? Between Brownells, Magpul, Volquartzen, Midway, and a handful of other places the sky is the limit when it comes to 10/22s.

RezRunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go get an automatic bolt release and bolt tune up kit from volquartsen.
Trigger and Action Parts for Ruger 10/22 and 10/22 Magnum | Volquartsen Firearms

They got a lot of other parts too but I installed these two kits and made my 10/22 great again! I really only needed the extractor but the other parts were pretty inexpensive and they are a great simple upgrade.
I know it is about $250 but wouldn't a complete volquartsen trigger be a better option. since what I have read is the parts might not be compatible with other parts

Coug91

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it is about $250 but wouldn't a complete volquartsen trigger be a better option. since what I have read is the parts might not be compatible with other parts
I have the hammer kit in a couple of my 10/22s. As long as you get the correct kit (Al trigger housing v plastic) you should be good. If you want drop in, complete trigger group would be great. If you like DIY, parts are pretty much drop in. Time and money.

RezRunner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the hammer kit in a couple of my 10/22s. As long as you get the correct kit (Al trigger housing v plastic) you should be good. If you want drop in, complete trigger group would be great. If you like DIY, parts are pretty much drop in. Time and money.
I got plenty of time and a few Shekels to spare at the moment. At least until momma finds my stash

Rugerscout80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It truly depends on what you are looking to do with one. The Magpul stock is clearly one of my favorite aftermarket stocks. Run your round $140. Next will be your barrel.. if you have any intentions of ever putting a can on it just go ahead and buy a threaded barrel. KSA barrels are nice but won't accept CCI stinger ammo. The Volquartsen and Tacsol barrels are great but pricey. If you can find a factory Ruger hammer forged barrel that's a great way to go. As far as your receiver is concerned there are some really nice ones out there. Quentin Defense makes a really nice one for about $135 shipped. Trigger packs have a million options. Best bang for the buck in my opinion is the Ruger BX trigger pack. It's under a $100 and you can just customize it the way you want. You can do the same with the factory but the BC offers a better starting point. My suggestion would be go to gun.deals. and buy a $240 10/22 brand new. Change the barrel and stock. If you want to change more then slowly make it what you want. Just all my opinions. Sooner State pawn on 23rd ahas a really nice scoped wood stock heavy barrel 10/22 for under $400 as well.

Attachments

• 20230716_113441.jpg
    20230716_113441.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231103_225727.jpg
    20231103_225727.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231024_162642.jpg
    20231024_162642.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231024_152925.jpg
    20231024_152925.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

Rugerscout80

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and as mentioned above. An extractor upgrade will be your best friend. The factory one is a stamped part and will hang up at times. Especially on the newer rifles. I bought a handful of the Volquartsen ones and swapped them in all my 10/22s and all my Ruger MK pistols. I take the old ones and lapped them down to mirror finish and save them for backups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom