Anyone else seen a hummingbird moth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen the 'Humming Bird' moths too, but one in my story had about a 6" or better wingspan & was in a place not far from the (former) 'Mexican Border'.
In my (old dude) opinion: People (Humanity) would be MUCH better served taking time to research our fellow Earthly Creatures & treat/respect them accordingly. They ARE us, & they exist for a reason.
Sure; 'Imbalances' exist...but usually only to smart ass Human interference...like freaking out about a a spider or wasp (like an 'average' 3rd grade girly boy/ girl) & hosing down the entire general area with expensive & dangerous aerosol toxins made by the very Corpes-er- Rations that DEMAND we are ALL Dead.
Please, people, resist the urge to destroy every little creature that might have more (or less) legs than yourself.
For instance; about 30 some years ago- I ?nd what might happen IF I stopped swatting the hornets (that I'm allergic too)....guess what? Even IF they land on me, I ignore them...& ain't been stung since.
Suggestion: When encountering your fellow little critters who are all-too commonly perceived to be your 'enemies'- simply try to identify & research the things to decide if that's True....or NOT. You'll prob'ly be amazed at what you discover.

Sure: we WILL find WAY too many Skeeters, house flies, slugs &.....other pests....but it MIGHT be (at least partially) because YOU.,..or your next door neighbor 'Suzy'....(from back in 3rd Grade?) killed all the spiders, beetles, grass hoppers (&, consequently poisoned the birds that woulda /coulda/shoulda) ate 'em all up).

I try to balance things the best I can by learning their 'Life-Cycles', killing 'mechanically' when possible, & (PLEEZE) FEED them BEES....Without Bees, & LOTS of other flying Pollinators (Yep. Like these cool Hummer Moths!)....'We' got NUTHIn! (PlantWISE)...(which is what meat eats).
Ever had a plate fulla NUTHIN when yer starvin'? Not too chewy, is it?
To reiterate:
Your REAL NMEs are huge CorpserRations (who demand that we both POISON & EAT the bugs).
Just study & enjoy learning about our amazing, interesting, & NECESSARY fellow cohabitants of Earth.
Like ALL other LifeForms, 'bugs' indicate our Planet's Health.
PS- the Oceans are merely an extension of Dirt World.
The more 'complicated' it all is...the simpler it gets. Cheers-

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen the 'Humming Bird' moths too, but one in my story had about a 6" or better wingspan & was in a place not far from the (former) 'Mexican Border'.
In my (old dude) opinion: People (Humanity) would be MUCH better served taking time to research our fellow Earthly Creatures & treat/respect them accordingly. They ARE us, & they exist for a reason.
Sure; 'Imbalances' exist...but usually only to smart ass Human interference...like freaking out about a a spider or wasp (like an 'average' 3rd grade girly boy/ girl) & hosing down the entire general area with expensive & dangerous aerosol toxins made by the very Corpes-er- Rations that DEMAND we are ALL Dead.
Please, people, resist the urge to destroy every little creature that might have more (or less) legs than yourself.
For instance; about 30 some years ago- I ?nd what might happen IF I stopped swatting the hornets (that I'm allergic too)....guess what? Even IF they land on me, I ignore them...& ain't been stung since.
Suggestion: When encountering your fellow little critters who are all-too commonly perceived to be your 'enemies'- simply try to identify & research the things to decide if that's True....or NOT. You'll prob'ly be amazed at what you discover.

Sure: we WILL find WAY too many Skeeters, house flies, slugs &.....other pests....but it MIGHT be (at least partially) because YOU.,..or your next door neighbor 'Suzy'....(from back in 3rd Grade?) killed all the spiders, beetles, grass hoppers (&, consequently poisoned the birds that woulda /coulda/shoulda) ate 'em all up).

I try to balance things the best I can by learning their 'Life-Cycles', killing 'mechanically' when possible, & (PLEEZE) FEED them BEES....Without Bees, & LOTS of other flying Pollinators (Yep. Like these cool Hummer Moths!)....'We' got NUTHIn! (PlantWISE)...(which is what meat eats).
Ever had a plate fulla NUTHIN when yer starvin'? Not too chewy, is it?
To reiterate:
Your REAL NMEs are huge CorpserRations (who demand that we both POISON & EAT the bugs).
Just study & enjoy learning about our amazing, interesting, & NECESSARY fellow cohabitants of Earth.
Like ALL other LifeForms, 'bugs' indicate our Planet's Health.
PS- the Oceans are merely an extension of Dirt World.
The more 'complicated' it all is...the simpler it gets. Cheers-
Two points:

Anytime I see someone get free and easy with CAPS in a PARAGRAPHS LONG rant I quit reading.

Second, how much time do you spend singing Kumbaya?

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't figure out those two things in bold letters. Please explain them.
Sorry, My typing 'skills' are lacking, & I guess I have my own style of shortcuts & such..
Translation:
Your real Enemies are huge Corporations that ......
It's sort of a cross between 'Custom License Plate' & enhancing the meanings of word syllables...I guess.

Puzzle language.
To snag your eye-brain. Thanks for looking-

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two points:

Anytime I see someone get free and easy with CAPS in a PARAGRAPHS LONG rant I quit reading.

Second, how much time do you spend singing Kumbaya?
Stick with short reads then- (matchbooks & Equal packets).
Kumbayah? I don't sing, don't know what it means, & ain't even got a campfire.

PS- 'Close cover before striking' & (spoiler) that fake sugar crap causes cancer.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@NomDeBoom out of curiosity, how would you spell the name of the character below?
1714237297001.gif

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m confused…..are we supposed to eat moths or hummingbirds. Life has gotten so complicated.
My understanding is that we (non-'Elites') are sposta own NOthing, & eat grass hoppers, worms, crickets, & roaches. AND like it!
Klaus & the Schwabians would probably just kill the Humming Birds, eat only their tongues & throw the rest away....like the old Roman Emperors...even though they think think they are modern Pharaohs.
Their plans ain't gonna fly any further than a dead H-bird.
Never trust a Swiss Pharaoh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom