12 gauge, is this a good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ls3mach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Revalation R310AB with a pistol grip and collapsable stock made by Chote Tool. He is want $250 for it. It looks like a Mossberg 500 knockoff and is made in the USA. It is all stainless, or stainless look alike and the pump moves freely. I will get a photo up in just a few minutes.

Thanks all.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it looks like a Mossberg 500 it probably is. Mossberg, Winchester, high standard, and other mainstream gun companies made guns for western auto, western auto turned a round and slapped the revelation brand on them and sold them in their stores. Jc Penney, Sears, Montgomery ward all did the same thing with a different house brand name.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, you can pick up a GENUINE basic Mossberg 500 for about that same price.

+/-

Or better yet - pick up a Mossberg model 88 "Maverick." I think they are just as good as the 500.

I shoulda kept mine instead of getting this boat anchor 590. :rolleyes2

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive heard/read that the slide on the "maverick" is a little ....rough? But I like the $$$

the slide on my maverick seemed really sloppy, i sold it and wished i could buy it back now, i think for the price they're pretty good

Shotgun pumps are like anything else - you gotta keep working 'em before they get smooth.

Hell, the 500 I was using when I worked at Wewoka PD was so loose, that I had to jab a piece of folded up paper into the action to keep it closed while it was secured upright in the rack! :ugh2:

While on patrol, it would fall open and rattle like a sombeech.

But it was the smoothest cycling pump action shotgun I ever fired. I wish I coulda bought it from the department before I left. There's no tellin' where they are now and what happened to 'em. :grumble: