12 yo defends himself in Houston

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO. My kids went on their first dove hunt at 9 and 10 on a 20 gage pump they shared. I really couldn’t hunt while they were shooting but that year we were blessed by god. I had to tell them wait until they are about the fly over you there was so many.

We lived in the country and they were 7 and 8 approximately sharing a Red Rider. shooting. We shot a lot of clays when they started.

Im not sure what age anyone would be ready but one thing I knew, the kids knew what a shotgun can do. If it’s life or death I’d want my kids to know the function just in case it was a last resort.

Maturity does matter but as a parent you should instruct and make sure they aren’t taught by a Rambo type. JMO

Single dad that had to make that call.
Good point of view. I suppose instruction for kids old enough would be something along the lines of::: “if someone is breaking in, barricade yourself in a back bedroom, lay the shotgun across the bed pointed directly at the door, call 911 on cell, shoot if they open the door and you have visual”

Definitely no Rambo nonsense. Don’t go looking for a fight.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's right at that age for a hunters safety course IMO. They used to be free and it’s a very good primer for hunting and gun safety in general. No guns required.

It was good father / sons time for me one Saturday, even though I was grandfathered and didn’t need a card.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing good comes from this. I would not wish taking a life on anyone. Those two will carry that memory till they pass, it is a bad piece of luggage.

Glad the two young men acted and bad guys gone, but this is bad for the two young men.

Latest posts

Top Bottom