14 Mossberg 500 That ISN’T NFA!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's legal just because it's over 26.5" with the long grip. I am surprised the shi* isn't being discussed out of this subject!

Last edited:

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its not an aow allegedly because its not a shotgun. its a firearm, and as such, it only needs to conform to the 26.5 oal rule. allegedly. i want to talk a friend into it. that way i could play with it, but not have it around my neck if push came to shove...

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm not sure on this one. They are correct that if it never had a stock on it, and was manufactured as a handgun it would not be classified as a NFA item. I'm new to the Class III world so don't take my word on it. Dustin Gaunder is probably the man to ask on this one.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has to be AOW at a minimum though.... right?????

No, to be an AOW it has to be concealable. ATF defines concealable as under 26". These are over 26", so they are not AOW's, just "firearms". The barrel under 16" is the gray area, but since they do not have a stock they are not SBR's or SBS's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom