16 gauge and Long John Silvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how long John silver's still exists. Foul oil soaked breading.
If you can find a good one (getting harder) they are not bad. I use to love the Fish & More meal but lately all the ones we would eat at are gone and the others have not changed their grease since the 80s.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a full big safe of shotguns for different shooting disciplines, but when it comes time to kill something, the Sweet 16 comes out.
That shotgun and I have a love relationship.
Why technically, I don't know, but the fit must suit my style, and I do have several cases of ammo, thank you to a fellow member.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had great fish & shrimp at 240 & s western, OKC.

A bit over a week ago, the wife, our youngest son, and I went to Bubba's 33 near I-40 and MacArthur. I tried the Fish and Chips meal, which included two good sized pieces of Cod and fries and a darn big bowl of Cole Slaw. Cole Slaw was a bit iffy, but the fish and fries were all good.

Bubbas 33 Fish and Chips2.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Papa shot a Browning A-5 sweet 16. I was supposed to get it but it mysteriously disappeared. Before he bought the Browning, he used a Winchester M-12. First gun I ever shot. My cousin took it, was told it was mine, his nephew took it, right after the ambulance left.

Dad had a 16 ga Remington 870. I make a dove hunt with it, every season.

Christmas '71, I received a 16 ga Remington 1100. My go to for many trips afield.

16s were very prevalent in my mostly quail hunter family.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dad has an A5 Sweet 16. Hasn’t even ever hunted with it that I know of yet. Bought it out of a gun shop in Killeen, TX. He kept looking at it for several weeks until they finally accepted his offer.
Likely never will use it, as his hunting days have passed him by at 69 yo with dementia. Maybe one day it will be mine, but I have two brothers also involved. Plan is to split his arms up amongst the brothers when the time comes, each getting his turn. Like the draft. 1,2,3 and then 3,2,1.

However, for bird hunting I think the 28 ga and how it lays out the pattern is superior. I don’t own, would like to. I’ve shot one on a couple of occasions at clays and just seemed to hit almost everything. However, for simplicity, range and most offerings/availability, I stick with 12ga.

Latest posts

Top Bottom