1911 holster for IDPA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bboswell

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been shooting USPSA and Steel Challenge for the past year or so. Recently began IDPA and would like to become more competitive.

I understand DOH styles are not permitted. Have a Safariland holster for my 1911, but it is so tight to my body I can hardly draw. CompTac for my M&P is also overly constrained.

Any suggestions of IDPA approved holsters that carry high enough to allow a reasonable hand grasp?

What is it about your match holster that makes it your favorite?

Match use only. Thanks.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
if youre talking about IDPA, you really should be talking about concealed holsters like the safariland and the comptac.
Itd be nice to wear a ipsc type holster for idpa, but the rules really dont allow holsters to be that faroff from the body
Practice some draws with them, youll get better with them.

I know I lose .4-.5 when first switching from ipsc to idpa draws, but it gets better with some practice , and when Im pretty comfy with concealment, I can but off some 1.1-1.2sec draws.

dont know if youll be able to get anything much faster than a comptac for idpa. play around with its position; you may find that bringing it further back will afford you a better grip, and faster times.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Comp-Tac standard belt holster is my go-to for IDPA. If it sits too tight to your body, the kydex loops can be bent with a heat gun till you get a little extra room to draw. Just be mindful of the 3/4" rule.

Latest posts

Top Bottom