1911 in 9mm...Reliability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WES

Marksman
Reaction score
The EMP was redesigned around the 9mm round. The parts are proprietary and not interchangeable with other 1911 parts. But they work well. That would be my choice. Tripp mags or logman converted mags

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say to pick your battle and decide which would be easier: getting your wife to change her mind, or coming up with the money to buy a quality 1911 in 9mm? I do not think it would be wise to try to take the initially easier route and buy an troublesome Officer's model.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would say to pick your battle and decide which would be easier: getting your wife to change her mind, or coming up with the money to buy a quality 1911 in 9mm? I do not think it would be wise to try to take the initially easier route and buy an troublesome Officer's model.
Yeah I think this is whats going to happen. Either way. This is getting so difficult because she thinks she knows what she wants and I know little about the guns shes been shooting.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
interesting article.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...horn-perfect-handgun-for-new-female-shooters/

Thoughts?
I have a 5 " Taurus 1911 9mm in the closet right now. Its not mine but it could be.

I'd sooner go with a RIA, but that's me. What exactly is your upper limit? What specific concerns do you have for her, i.e., hand size, grip strength, overall gun size, weight, recoil?

For instance, the Shield is at the upper limit for my wife to rack the slide, but the grip size and weight are nearly perfect and recoil is manageable. The trigger is a tad heavy for her, but an APEX kit will fix that. We had to rank the priorities and tradeoffs to get the best fit for her. A huge plus was her hit factor with the gun, which is better than pretty much everything she's shot except her .22 Buckmark. She doesn't even shoot my PM-9 as well, because the weight is too much and causes her to waver. We've been through a LOT of guns for her and she finally feels she has a match. Sometimes it takes shooting several different ones to get it right. Just handling them in the store isn't a good indicator. She fell in love with a couple, only to have mediocre results on the range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom