• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK 1998 Honda Goldwing 1500 Aspencade 20K original miles $6,000 with trailer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Agreed, it's a great bike and a great price. I no longer ride, but not due to age. A while back a family member was in a significant accident (other driver's fault), and thank the lord they survived. I was told by my mother (who I wisely fear to this day) that neither I nor any of my brothers shall ever again get on a motorcycle while she is alive. Well my mother is as tough as they come, and I don't see her going anywhere anytime soon. This is right up my alley, but I am forbidden you see. Even at her age, I wouldn't win that fight!
Same for me. I quit riding a few years back after three of my friends were seriously hurt in three separate motorcycle accidents. None were there fault either. One rear ended at a train crossing, one hit in a parking lot by a speeding and texting driver, and the other t-bones when a driver sped through a red light. I sold my 2007 Roadstar shortly after and hardly looked back. Funny enough, just the other day my wife said she prefer I didn’t but would not tell me no if I wanted another. Last night I dreamt I had a Goldwing and every time I went to ride it, I would drop it and have to wrestle the reverse to walk it back up.
I could go on and on. Sorry For the thread hijack

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It is HELL getting old, with our experience we could be having so much fun doing what we used to do if we had given getting old up early. I had the 2nd 1972 Kawasaki 750 triple 2 stroker sold in Tulsa. Those were some fun days on the back tire. Damn, am I Hijacking my own thread also? Ha Ha. The original post is still there and it seems most of us are enjoying the memories.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
I sold my Road King a few years ago because my newborn baby was taking my time instead of the Highway. I joke that my next bike is gonna be a Goldwing because I want to be comfortable and I’m not trying to pick up biker whores anymore.… this is so tempting to get…

deerstalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've got the tool kit for that!!
1653601166614.png
1653601187036.png

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nifty, I have the original tool kit in the saddle bag, packaged in a hard case in 98. don't think I have ever had anything out of it. I also have a hose if you needed to add air to a tire from the compressor and a few other things I have forgotten about to mention.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Man, if I didn’t just buy a boat…. I have always thought it would be fun to trim down a goldwing a bit and go for more of a bagger type setup like pictured. The old lady wouldnt ride on a motorcycle anyways, no sense keeping the back seat. Gorgeous bike, someone is getting a fine bike for a steal
AAD1ECD8-CAD4-4F0A-9BBA-7FCB2390BC14.jpeg

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I still have it, I think it is still for sale but I think you guy are trying to talk me out of selling it. 35-38MPG kinda keeps sticking in my mind, but also being 74yo and looking like the guy on the tricycle on the old "Laugh-in" program sticks in my mind also.

I have ridden a few 1800's also, but it seems Honda pushed too far into the "cushy old big caddie" side with it and got away from great feel of the road and handling especially on a curvy road for me. The 1500 to me seems to be the happy medium of plenty soft ride single or 2 up loaded, with more than ample power and a stiff enough frame geometry to still feel and get into the corners if you want or need with enough peg room without scraping to power through if you want or need to use it. Almost a heavy sport bike feel with a nice all day ride ability in between. JMO

Latest posts

Top Bottom