1st completed kydex holster in Multi-cam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really want feedback/criticism?

Yep... Also have made some changes. Was originally not enough room for good knuckle clearance.

i1129.photobucket.com_albums_m511_martialartdeals_P1150758_zps05e3e51f.jpg

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A good start. Nice first piece. I've not done an OWB holster but have dabbled with a few IWB kydex holsters. I make mine all one piece with one adjustable retension screw. Belt loops are integral also.

I also find myself getting rid of all unnecessary kydex. I put my eyelet or tension screw as close to the gun as possible and take everything else of with a belt sander or angle grinder with a sanding disk. YMMV.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was one suggestion. Undercut the trigger guard to make gettin a grip easier. Smooth your corners, or round them. Sand your edges with progressively finer sand paper, and finish it with a green scotch bright (sp?) Pad. Don't have a flat sweat guard across the top, and think about extending it further. It'll pinch the piss outa your side. Think about narrowing your sweat guard around the slide release to allow flagging the thumb. Think about contouring the holster to follow your body more, as in bend it near the rivets. Grind the bottom of the holster closer to your muzzle. This shaves extra material and should leave a NARROW opening between the kydex sheets. Gotta have a way for water and debris to drain

Those are the things that stoos out at first

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The quality of the work looks good. Better than anything I've done. Just look at other designs and copy what works. I agree with everything Norman said. I reworked my first holster about 4 times. The seond holster about 2 times, and now I know what I want before I start. You obviously can do the work, now just fine tune the design of your holsters.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good start. Nice first piece. I've not done an OWB holster but have dabbled with a few IWB kydex holsters. I make mine all one piece with one adjustable retension screw. Belt loops are integral also.

I also find myself getting rid of all unnecessary kydex. I put my eyelet or tension screw as close to the gun as possible and take everything else of with a belt sander or angle grinder with a sanding disk. YMMV.

All done by hand so far.... Looking to pick up a belt sander and maybe a press later this week.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All done by hand so far.... Looking to pick up a belt sander and maybe a press later this week.

You will love the belt sander on those long flat parts. I still don't have a press. I'd like to get or make one I just never have the time/desire/money to see it through. I use 4 pieces of old carpet pad and stand on them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom