2 or 4??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bbwwwwaaaa! You city boys impress me with your intimate knowledge of how a 2wd is superior to a 4wd.

You don't have a freeking clue about actually living in an area where a 4WD is used almost every day in the course of business.

Bring your 2wd street legal toy to my area on a dry day, and I'll put up a thousand dollar bet that you can't keep up with my Toyota Tacoma on the first challenge.
Then we will factor in a wet day, then a snow day.

Come prepared to make my new year much more profitable. cash is the only thing acceptable.

Since you said City Boy... Ill just assume you werent talk to me.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made great money during snowmaggedon!! Thanks to my 4x4 !!

I take it you're referring to pulling people out of snow? So then, I take it you are licensed by the DPS and have commercial towing insurance? Or are you just one of these yahoos who think it's ok to take business away from people who have invested in equipment, insurance, and training employees to do the job right with controlled use of a winch and the manufacturer approved hookup method? Who will pay when you damage a vehicle with your towstrap (or worse, chain) and yank method? Or who pays when you cause someone to get injured while blocking a traffic lane with no emergency lighting?

Do you also practice dentistry, cosmetology and law without a license?

If I've made an inaccurate assumption, please accept my apologies.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take it you're referring to pulling people out of snow? So then, I take it you are licensed by the DPS and have commercial towing insurance? Or are you just one of these yahoos who think it's ok to take business away from people who have invested in equipment, insurance, and training employees to do the job right with controlled use of a winch and the manufacturer approved hookup method? Who will pay when you damage a vehicle with your towstrap (or worse, chain) and yank method? Or who pays when you cause someone to get injured while blocking a traffic lane with no emergency lighting?

Bit harsh, but basically you listed every reason why I will offer to give someone a lift to a warm place (even if its a friend who calls and needs help).

My other issue is while I can appreciate anyone willing to help someone else, when conditions are bad, its best to keep the roads as clear as possible. I had someone in a jacked up, winched out chevy nearly plow through me at an intersection at noon today while we were headed over to my parents.

As I said, I wont be as harsh, but can see where you are coming from.

Yeah, those diesels that are front heavy can be a problem.

Biggest problem I have seen with diesels are the people who just start em up and then just head out in this weather. Here I am trying to find a good used diesel to replace a hay truck and unless I head out and start looking for farmers trading up, all I see is trucks that look great on the outside but run like crap.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think he was referring to clearing parking lots with the mention of the trailer and skid steer and that a 4x2 wouldn't pull the payload.

I am not licensed by odot but have helped many people every time we have a bad storm. OCPD will usually run lights for me depending on the location, and I have never taken a dime from anyone. Took a few phone numbers, but I just always enjoyed helping out. I also made sure to use the proper equipment: tow strap rated well beyond the payloads I would handle, shackles, and proper attachment hardware for every make and model. During the really bad snow and ice tow truck drivers have turned down helping people do to being to busy or not willing to make the pull for safety reasons. I once pulled a car that slide off of 44 junction right by the western heritage museum and was stuck clear down at the bottom of the bar ditch. Tow truck driver said he wouldn't do it. I drove down into the ditch and pulled the guy all the way around the museum and onto 63rd street to get him home, free o charge and no damage done.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bit harsh, but basically you listed every reason why I will offer to give someone a lift to a warm place (even if its a friend who calls and needs help).

My other issue is while I can appreciate anyone willing to help someone else, when conditions are bad, its best to keep the roads as clear as possible. I had someone in a jacked up, winched out chevy nearly plow through me at an intersection at noon today while we were headed over to my parents.

As I said, I wont be as harsh, but can see where you are coming from.

Sorry if I seem a but angry, but I spend a metric $hi+load of money to make sure my 5 trucks are safe and legal, and provide an opportunity for 6 well trained employees to make a good living consistently, then watch as Joe Rednuck with a 4x4 and a chain goes around charging people to yank them out. I've seen this cause accidents more than once, and have also seen thousands of dollars of damage done to the undercarriage of a vehicle...then say, "sorry, dood" and drive away. The licensing and insurance laws are there for the protection of the public.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bbwwwwaaaa! You city boys impress me with your intimate knowledge of how a 2wd is superior to a 4wd.

You don't have a freeking clue about actually living in an area where a 4WD is used almost every day in the course of business.

Bring your 2wd street legal toy to my area on a dry day, and I'll put up a thousand dollar bet that you can't keep up with my Toyota Tacoma on the first challenge.
Then we will factor in a wet day, then a snow day.

Come prepared to make my new year much more profitable. cash is the only thing acceptable.

You city boys can't handle my Tacoma?? Man that's tough. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom