2 Police Officers and Suspect Killed in Pursuit in Washita County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomane...4/24077758/-/d5j9f3/-/index.html#mid=17948481

A Washita County deputy, a Burns Flat police officer and a suspect were killed Thursday during a high-speed chase in Washita County.

Officials say the deputy and the officer ran into each other at the intersection of CR 2160 and 1210. According to authorities, the suspect then took a curve at CR 1210 & 2190 too fast and was killed in a one-vehicle crash.

FWIW, that places the crash scenes ~3 miles apart.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tragic. I pray for comfort and healing for their families. Back in the day I used to teach pursuit driving. It was so important and so hard to impress on both rookie and veteran officers that the first rule of a pursuit is that you only have to finish second and to never drive without a seatbelt. Let's be careful out there, Brothers. Going home at the end of your shift is rule 1!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My guess and this is only my guess is that one of them ran a stop sign and hit the other.

There's no stop signs here. The damage would have logically required one to be travelling away from the suspect if that were the case.

We'll likely have a better idea of what happened when OHP finishes their investigation.

People who have been on the scene have mixed theories.

By the way, all of the news outlets have published different accounts at this point...

Latest posts

Top Bottom