20 guage shotgun suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in the market for a good quality, lightweight, and handy 20g.
It will be used mostly for bird hunting but HD is a secondary purpose also so a double barrel is probably not satisfactory or affordable.

I am considering a Browning BPS as well as a Remington 870.

Anything else I should consider before I pull the trigger on a purchase?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mossberg Youth model. If its too short, add a slip on over the recoil pad thats there. Due to my injury to my neck its what I've had to revert to.
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_57120.jpg

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mossberg Youth model. If its too short, add a slip on over the recoil pad thats there. Due to my injury to my neck its what I've had to revert to.
Funny you should mention that.
I was in Academy a while back and they had one on the rack that kind of had me thinking the same say.
I'm just a big kid at heart anyway. :laugh6:

Thanks guys, I'll be visiting H&H and OA this weekend.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20 ga 48AL kicks like a mule. Benelli M2 field grade is unbeatable. Light, reliable, touch, and with tje way new chokes are, a 24" barrel will do all you want. Outdoor America has them for $1100 if last I saw.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I only paid $350 for the 48 used, so I can put up with a little extra recoil for carrying the 2nd lightest 20ga auto available. The extra $750 left in my pocket takes a little sting out of it too! :D

IIRC, the Montefeltro 20ga I shot had noticeable recoil as well. That's why I put the Beretta on top. Nothing like a good gas gun to tame recoil.

Coache27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both the 870 and BPS in 12 gauge. Both fine guns. I like the Remington
a little better because it is easier to clean and I'm not used to tang safeties.
Browning seem a little smoother and lighter. You wouldn't go wrong with either one.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Youth 870 express gun. Short for hd, but long enough to hunt with. believe it is a 21" barrel. Fairly inexpensive. but still and 870. I picked mine up used off the boards for the $185 range.

Latest posts

Top Bottom