2009 Firearms Instructor Course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well Tom, it looks like you're going to be coming to OK City here in the near future. I'm talking with a few of these folks and we're going to see about a date or two and get back to you with some possibilities. I bet you could have 15 students easily if you wanted to. I'll be in touch.

Thanks.

Tom Givens

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All right! We have this class put together.
Three-Day Firearms Instructor Development & Certification Course, Oct 30- Nov 1, 2009.
Friday through Sunday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm each day. Primary Instructor-Tom Givens.

We have arranged to use the excellent facilities of H&H Gun Range in Oklahoma City for this class. H&H has a modern, well equipped classroom, with audio visual gear and everything we need to put on the extensive classroom training involved in this course. Their indoor range makes weather a non-issue for the shooting portion of the training. There is a restaurant on-site, so we can minimize lost training time.

This is an intensive three-day course, with a lot of classroom work and a lot of shooting. Candidates must pass an extensive written examination, pass a shooting qualification, and deliver a brief classroom presentation. Students receive a 170 page instructor manual, which is a valuable reference source. Students will shoot their own sidearms during this class, and will also shoot a variety of other handguns for familiarization. Each student will need an accurate, reliable handgun of 9X19mm, .38 Special, or larger caliber, concealment gear, and 800 rounds of quality ammunition. We will supply ammunition for the other handguns fired for familiarization. H&H will have ammunition on hand for purchase for use in this course.

This course is geared toward teaching you how to teach others. You will gain a good bit of experience in coaching others; spotting, identifying, and correcting common shooting errors; course design and documentation; and other topics. You will also increase your own shooting skills. Students should already have basic shooting/gunhandling skills and be above average shots prior to this course.

Tuition for this class is $385.00. That includes everything: there is no separate range fee to H&H. Advance registration is required. To register, call Lynn Givens at 901-370-5600 with a credit card, or mail a check to Rangemaster, 2611 S. Mendenhall Rd, Memphis, Tn, 38115. Class size is limited.

Marshall Luton

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll be there Tom. Expect at least 3 of the TDSA Instructor Cadre. We'll get registered right away. I know Al, Winona and Jeff will be there with us too. Looking forward to it!

Marshall Luton

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Billy Smith, Eric Stacy, Lance Jensen, Travis Foster and I will be at this class in Oct. We're all hoping that a bunch of the TDSA students will be able to take this class with us. I know Jeff and Winona can't be there cause they are taking their kids to Disney World that weekend but I know Al and a couple of the other guys expressed some interest. Tom is a damn fine instructor and one of the few instructors that I trust to teach my team. Better register while you can! It won't take long for it to fill up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom