2010 Crappie Spawn Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah they are hard core, its funny because they are women and you usually dnt think of them the same a man . but let me tell you they dont mess around when its time to load the boat up and go

My Grandma was a crappie fishing maniac. We would go crappie fishing when I was younger all of the time. She would catch more than most and was a regular at the heated docks on Lake Tenkiller. We always had a blast but she didnt mess around when it came to Crappie.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at Eufala last weekend. We caught 20-30 large keepers. Many around us slayed them. Four guys caught 163 on Sat. morning. WE were at Dutchess Creek boat docks, just off the bottom. We were catching them on jigs and minnows equally.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hit the Lake Hudson area this weekend...

Pryor Creek was extremely high and running hard...fished from the bank in a few places...no luck...

2-3 gates were open at Kerr Dam (Lake Hudson) and water was running hard and fast. Talked to a few people and didn't see a fish on a stringer...

awww.cichlidforums.com_gallery_data_500_DSC_0257.jpg

No one seemed to have any luck at "Low Water Dam"...

Caught 2 keepers and 1 throw back in 15-25 foot of water under a dock hung with brush towards the Dam on Hudson. We caught them on minnows just off the bottom.

Talked to several bass fishermen pre-fishing for a tournament and they hadn't heard any reports of spawning in Hudson. Water temp was just getting into the low 50s...

I keep hearing that people are catching them on Eufala left and right though...I'm thinking that as long as the water levels don't get too high on Hudson we are looking at a spawn in the next week or two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom