2010 Slickhead Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ai52.tinypic.com_2vcvtz6.gif

Saves time for sure!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, that pic, damn...
Yea. It's pretty big isn't it?
wonder how far she ran :)
My BIL hit one one time that opened much bigger than this. He shot it with a .30-06 Winchester 150 grain silvertip at about 40 yards. Straight on shot, I know :screwy:
Anyway the bullet hit the breastbone, penetrated but deflected down and it traveled all the way out the back end. He got it back to camp and I thought he did a super crappy field dress on her. He told me that he hadn't done anything but throw it in the back of the truck. Her belly was opened completely up just like you do when field dressing, just not quite as neat. He said she ran off and he would find piles of guts every so often. He couldn't believe it. She ran about 60 yards and about all she had left was her heart and most of her liver. Would have been a heck of a mess, but she cleaned herself! He shoots 180 or 220 grainers down there now. There are no long shots.

Saves time for sure!
See above for a load that really will do this if applied correctly. :thumb:

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Saves time for sure!

.270 wsm 130 grain winchester ballistic silvertip. I use the winchester supreme in all of my deer rifles except for my .308 remington 760, for that I use the 150 grain hornady custom load soft points because I'm getting sub moa with em and haven't got around to shooting the ballistic silver tips out of it yet.

zandroes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got two Friday. First one with my .257 weatherby at 121 yards.. Second with the front of my truck. Dang near 12 hours to the minute. I'll post pics when I get on my laptop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom