2011 NCAA Football Survival Thread...Week 9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All 13 pickers survived to play again…welcome to the Bye week monkeywrench. Alabama, LSU, and Boise State are all off this week leaving only five teams from which to choose. One of our number has four teams to choose from and two of us only have one choice. Five of us have two choices and five of us have three choices.

With so many players choosing between so few teams, I’m going to start the tie breaker from this point forward. Each week until the survival pool is drained, make your pick in the same format as before, with all your previous weeks, but I want you to add your guess for the over/under on the game you are picking. That is the total amount of points scored by both teams. Good Luck!

Week 1 UTEP
Week 2 Wisconsin
Week 3 Baylor
Week 4 Va Tech
Week 5 Houston
Week 6 Clemson
Week 7 Boise State
Week 8 Stanford
Week 9 oSu (82)

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Changing the rules 9 weeks into the season is dumb. I could see if it was down to the last week, then add a over/under to break a tie but changing now makes no sense. Unless changing rules benefits you of course.

With that said I am the one who has 4 teams left to chose from.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Changing the rules 9 weeks into the season is dumb. I could see if it was down to the last week, then add a over/under to break a tie but changing now makes no sense. Unless changing rules benefits you of course.

With that said I am the one who has 4 teams left to chose from.

I haven't changed anything. I'm simply implementing a tie breaker....in case of a tie. It benefits no one unless there is a tie. When seven or eight players are all picking the same team, this is how I choose to break a tie. If 3 people are left and they all pick the same, the tie breaker may need to go back a week or two. Do you know when the last week will be? This contest has never made it till the end of the season since I've been playing it. You can pick the same games and over/unders...nothing is stopping you. Please show me how this benefits one person over another.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I haven't changed anything. I'm simply implementing a tie breaker....in case of a tie. It benefits no one unless there is a tie. When seven or eight players are all picking the same team, this is how I choose to break a tie. If 3 people are left and they all pick the same, the tie breaker may need to go back a week or two. Do you know when the last week will be? This contest has never made it till the end of the season since I've been playing it. You can pick the same games and over/unders...nothing is stopping you. Please show me how this benefits one person over another.
OK thank you for clearing it up for me. Sorry, I misunderstood(a bit slow).
and yes I know when the last week will be. Magic 8ball says week 11.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Forgot to post picks in last post.

1. Georgia Tech
2. West Virginia
3. Michigan
4. Houston
5. Texas Tech
6. Oklahoma State
7. Alabama
8. Kansas State
9. Stanford (65)

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
week 1 - UConn
week 2 - Clemson
week 3 - Baylor
week 4 - Houston
week 5 - Michigan
week 6 - Illinois
week 7 - Alabama
week 8 - OkState
week 9 - Stanford(70)

What stinks is that if OU beats KState(which I think that they will), then I will only have LSU and Boise State left.
Don't think that this is gonna be my year...oh well always next year

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Week 1: Ok State
Week 2: FSU
Week 3: USF
Week 4: Wisconsin
Week 5: Houston
Week 6: Georgia Tech
Week 7: Clemson
Week 8: KState
Week 9: Stanford (60)

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Week 1 Air Force
Week 2 Nebraska
Week 3 Texas A&M
Week 4 Virginia Tech
Week 5 Oklahoma
Week 6 Clemson
Week 7 Wisconsin
Week 8 K-State
Week 9 Oklahoma State (77)

I'm kind of surprised at the number of people going with Stanford on the road against a 6-1 USC team. Must be the folks with limited options :)

TurnedTurtle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Week 1 - Arkansas
Week 2 - Florida State
Week 3 - South Florida
Week 4 - Florida
Week 5 - Michigan
Week 6 - Illinois
Week 7 - LSU
Week 8 - Kansas State