2015 Annual Javilina Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from our annual javi hunt in S Texas yesterday. We had a great hunt! Eight of us went and everyone got 2 javilina each. My brother and I both shot one with the compound bow and one with pistol. He used his 4" S&W .357 and I shot mine with an XD9 Tactical. Dad shot both his with a suppressed .223. My youngest brother got both his and a gray fox with longbow. One of the other guys used recurve on one and his old Win 94 on the other. Cousin Bart got both his with a .357 Ruger. My buddy Jon got both his with a crossbow. Several of the guys did some small game hunting with pellet rifles too and got several jack rabbits. If anyone wants info on this hunt, we went with Burton Hunting Services. Ken Burton is the owner and we have been hunting with him for 5 yrs or so. It is a great hunt and nice lodging and a very reasonable trip. $550 each for the hunt and a nice ranch house to stay in that is furnished. We always take turns cooking meals. Let me know if you have any questions. Here are the pics.

Group photo

My 9mm Javi

Jon's

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious I just put a Silencerco on order. Can't wait to get that thing. I am so sick of the bang, especially after shooting a 223 with a can on it. Frustrating the hoops you gotta jump thru to get one. Horribly over regualted items for no good reason really.

Glad you sackd'em up!

Latest posts

Top Bottom