.22 cal Mauser C96 Knockoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jphillipw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw one of these at a gun show years ago and didn't have the interest to buy it. Now, I love the thought of owning one. What an awesome plinker! Han Solo wasn't cool by himself, the C96 made him cool! lol.

Has anyone seen or heard of these? Did I just dream it? Are they easy to come by? At the time, it was only $100, and I'm reallllly kicking myself for not getting it:nolike:

Tom K

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw one of these at a gun show years ago and didn't have the interest to buy it. Now, I love the thought of owning one. What an awesome plinker! Han Solo wasn't cool by himself, the C96 made him cool! lol.

Has anyone seen or heard of these? Did I just dream it? Are they easy to come by? At the time, it was only $100, and I'm reallllly kicking myself for not getting it:nolike:

I've don't think I've ever heard of such a thing, and I've been into guns for 40 years. It wasn't an airsoft or anything like that, was it?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it this one (Charter Arms Explorer)?

awww.douglasridge.org_ca_explorer2_1.jpg

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quite a few years ago, there was a pistol made by a firm out of NW Arkansas, somewhere around Fayetteville, which might have been what you are thinking of. It had a magazine forward of the trigger group, much like the Explorer.

I saw one at a gun show in the City, I think back in the 80's. I couldn't afford it at the time

Never saw another one. I think the firm's name started with an "H". Not much help.

jphillipw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The explorer may have been it. I'm not sure, I didn't really have a discerning eye for guns at the time.

I am an avid airsofter, but I'm certain it wasn't one. I have owned the "HFC Box Cannon" airsoft C96. It packed a mighty whallop for a plastic BB. The gun was beautiful; full metal and wood construction. 400fps with a .2 gram BB, no small feet for an airsoft pistol.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quite a few years ago, there was a pistol made by a firm out of NW Arkansas, somewhere around Fayetteville, which might have been what you are thinking of. It had a magazine forward of the trigger group, much like the Explorer.

I saw one at a gun show in the City, I think back in the 80's. I couldn't afford it at the time

Never saw another one. I think the firm's name started with an "H". Not much help.

the guy's name was Holmes. he was ahead of his time building things like those Lujtic space guns (wild looking trap shotguns). I think his pistols were specifcally listed on the 94 AW ban. I saw one at the last wannamacher show for big bucks.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, that's correct. Holmes Firearms Corp, if I remember correctly. I believe it was an MP-22.

Yes, I just googled it. However, I don't remember it being a machine pistol, implying full auto. I guess I should be lucky I can remember as much as I do. :D

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a decent price for one of those. Just don't expect too much of it. Their history is mixed. However, at that price, it would be a pretty good truck gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom