• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

22 lever gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Got a hankering for a 22 lever action all of the sudden, figured I might ask about used ones here before I price new ones. Not into the shiny ones, just blued and wood stocks. Let me know if you have anything possibly, I'm in western OK so might be a driving deal for me. Any brands considered, doesn't have to be in mint condition either. TIA

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You could consider a Marlin 39A but the market prices have gone through the roof. If you do decide to go the Marlin route avoid the AS model which began in 1983(?) which has the rebounding hammer; S standing for safety. I have '92 AS model that I paid $280 at Walmart and now it's valued at over $800 (crazy).
Don't rule out a Henry Golden Boy with brass receiver.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Not really a fan of the gold/silver guns, always preferred blue/wood looks. Those Brownings look nice but they cost more than I have in my Marlin tube fed and 2 rimfire pistols combined LOL. I have seen a few Rossi's around but questioned their quality? I am honestly looking mainly due to my weirdness of "sets", i.e. I have a SA, DA and lever action set of 4 different calibers so far (357, 41, 44 and 45) and all I lack in 22 is the lever gun now.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
GONE 39a Marlin 16 inch barrel very good $750

Attachments

• IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 0