.22 LR, want to take my kid plinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangdar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll just throw this out there for information purposes. I'm an FFL and one of my fellow dealers was talking to an ammo manufacturer a couple of months back. According to the rep a lot of the resources for making .22 were diverted in favor of making centerfire and primers during the banic. You have to figure their margins are a lot better on centerfire than .22. The rep thought that in 6 months the .22 will be back to normal, around January or February of 14. Anyway my .02

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what I know. The .22lr factories are separate from the centerfire factories. Two different animals.

I talked to a buddy who lives just about right across the street from the Remington rimfire factory just over the state line in Arkansas.
He said they are running fulltime cranking out all they can.
I think the real problem has been and is the gougers and preppers.
I don't blame either of them, it's just what it is.
As witnessed right here the supply is starting to catch up with demand.
Might be another 3 months, might be another year.

Dangdar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's what I know. The .22lr factories are separate from the centerfire factories. Two different animals.

I talked to a buddy who lives just about right across the street from the Remington rimfire factory just over the state line in Arkansas.
He said they are running fulltime cranking out all they can.
I think the real problem has been and is the gougers and preppers.
I don't blame either of them, it's just what it is.
As witnessed right here the supply is starting to catch up with demand.
Might be another 3 months, might be another year.

I buy that, combined with the fact that the supply has just been sucked dry. Places just don't keep stock like they used too, so when it's off the shelves they are out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's just tons easier to stock up on .22 when it's around because of the price. Hell, I spend $1200 on 5.56 a couple weeks back - the same number of .22 would probably have run me under a hundred bucks. And everyone and their dog doesn't mind stacking up a few thousand rounds of .22 when they start feeling a mite bit nervous.

<edit> Hell, I know if I could snatch up 10k or 20k rounds of .22 just walking into WalMart, I'd do it tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom