.223, .700", HBAR - need muzzle brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to put a muzzle brake on my AR but am having problems locating a muzzle brake in either clamp on or thread that has a .700 diameter. The rifle is an Anderson with HBAR that goes from .9xx to .72x and then to .700 for the last 3/4". Do not like the idea of having the bbl end turned down to .5 to get one on it...plus it would probably look odd. Is there a maker of a muzzle device that will fit? I found two custom makers that could do it but they are HUGE things.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aw. Doo doo! Just realized that this was posted to the wrong place...should have been down in the Rifle/Shotgun space. My bad. Please don't flame me. Can't figure out how to move it...must require an admin. Sorry.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a post 94AwB heavy barrel target / varmit gun which has no real need for a muzzle brake.
why not have it threaded 1/2 x 28 and have a thread protector made at the same time? So if at times you don't want
the muzzle brake on, you can go back to a smooth barrel with the thread protector screwed on.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20160528_133704.jpg
20160528_133512.jpg
20160528_133338.jpg
It is a recent build. Bbl is not marked the I can see. Has a UTG slim key mod rail, 15". 20" with 1 in 8. Rifle length gas. Don't know if you can see it but the bbl diameter doesn't drop till after the gas block. It is super nose heavy. Am not sure if the upper is an Anderson as they don't mark their non rf85 treated uppers. I will post a picture. I know it doesn't need a break but thought one of those concussion reducing thingies or a can might make it nicer to everyone else at the range. Yes is has the 11 degree crown. The smudges on it are from the oil I use...well light grease anyway. Superlube with a little hexagonal boron nitride mixed with it. It works very well in my hand cannons and figured it w9ups be good for the ar too. Otherwise it is super clean. Your advice to have it turned down, threaded and a thread protector put on it is probably what I will do unless I find another upper with a 16" bbl that I like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom