• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

.243 Brass and Projectiles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
and 7MM-08 and .270 and the extractor groove in 30-06 is a bit narrower than the above cases but could also be done.

I have made .308 from all the above and even used 338 Federal cases. Annealing will be your friend here when pulling a .270 or 30-06 into a short case like a .243.
Neck turning may also need to be done.
Sears supply sometimes has projectiles.
I got some 2 weeks ago.

I had to neck turn my Lapua .243 cases for a .243 Mossberg I own as it has a very tight chamber.
My winchester .243 cases measure .243" ID after firing.
Lapua cases shot horribly in that rifle so I neck turned them and they shot excellent.

Horribly = 3MOA
Excellent = Sub MOA

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
No I didn't. I will look into it. Thanks for the heads up.
Yep. I aneal in a dish of water (up to where I want it to stop). Form in a full length die via many small bumps use a really thin coat of imperial lube making sure i rub the neck each pass into the die. I then do a really quick re-aneal to relieve any internal stress and trim to length

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
American reloading has a lot of different .243 bullet pulls for next to nothing last I checked. They ship fast too.
They go fast sometimes in other calibers. just checked 2 types left.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom