.257 Weatherby Magnum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I did reload .257wby for your buddy in fuel cell, before he got his own reloading operation setup. His shot well, and fast. His is a Mark V that has been rebarreled.

Last edited:

zandroes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one. It's an awesome round.
My rifle is Weatherby Vanguard. It is very managable recoil.
I started reloading mine and its about 1" group at 100yards.
I also love the bullet selection, 75-120 grain. Great for animals around here.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had one for several years. It's an older german made mark v. It shoots well and is versatile. I've got a friend in New Mexico that uses his for a mice to elk rifle and loves it. I think accuracy and I know velocity benefit from a 26" barrel and the vanguards only come with 24". For what it's worth it was Roy weatherby's favorite. Brass is high and factory loaded ammo even higher. If hard hitting fast and flat shooting is what you're after then jump on it. It's an excellent quarter bore.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did reload .257wby for your buddy in fuel cell, before he got his own reloading operation setup. His shot well, and fast. His is a Mark V that has been rebarreled.

Yeah, I need to pick his brain!

ammo is quite $$$$

The weatherby Vanguard is made by howa. Good rifles though.

You're right about the ammo. I wouldn't even consider it, if I didn't reload.

I had forgotten the Vanguard was made by Howa. I have one in .243 with the Smith & Wesson name on it. Always did like that rifle!

Latest posts

Top Bottom