This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
What's the tolerance on the axis pin diameter? I know they're reamed to 7 mm but at what dimension is it considered worn?
The AK platform is extremely forgiving. As the pin is held in by the retainer spring a little out of spec is fine. . Are you having problems with pin retention! If not ,fire away, people have been putting these together in caves with zero power tools for ever.
433261.jpg

I switched to this just because the retainer clip was a PITA . Bought the first one and liked it so much I made the second one. Pretty easy and easy install. Half the assembly time was putting that retainer clip back in with big hands< Was not fun and generally drove me to mumbling some choice 4 letter words.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The AK platform is extremely forgiving. As the pin is held in by the retainer spring a little out of spec is fine. . Are you having problems with pin retention! If not ,fire away, people have been putting these together in caves with zero power tools for ever.
433261.jpg

I switched to this just because the retainer clip was a PITA . Bought the first one and liked it so much I made the second one. Pretty easy and easy install. Half the assembly time was putting that retainer clip back in with big hands< Was not fun and generally drove me to mumbling some choice 4 letter words.

I'd have to look but I think I have a couple of those that I never got around to installing before giving the aks the boot..

Latest posts

Top Bottom