2WD or 4x4??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4x4 trucks only for me. Its worth paying the extra money for the truck and decreased fuel economy to have 4wd when you need it

This. Needed 4x4 low this afternoon to back out of an ice covered parking spot that was on a slight incline. Two wheel drive and 4x4 high was not getting it done.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is better!?

i188.photobucket.com_albums_z80_NSJUST_SOME_DUDE_facepalm_20yawn_zpszwittcca.gif

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With experience and patience 2wd will do. When I was feeding a lot of livestock I went to 4x4 because when you need it you are glad you have it. On slick roads my front wheel drive jeep is the best handling I've ever had.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have 2 4x4s- my bigazz lifted K5 Blazer stays in CA up on the mountain at the other place where it snows like its never going to stop but gladly no ice, and out here I keep my lil lifted S-10 Blazer 4x4 to put around in and play with down on our land- I like to run BFG AT KOs on both; had 3 4x4s but gave my son my Mitsubishi AWD/4x4 for HS graduatiuon. My dd GMC Envoy 2WD RWD SUV I drive year round from OK to Iowa to CA and back and lately on monthly trips to Denver, the Yokohamas on it are great in all kinds of weather, it replaced my beloved badazz Tahoe (that some ***** last summer slammed into from behind at 70mph pushing me into another guy in front of me totalling hers and making mine all Fd up). The wife has a lil FWD Honda CR-V SUV that she commutes in to Tulsa and back in and hasnt been able to get it stuck yet (she was born and raised in Minnesota if that matters), shes on her 3rd CR-V and just loves em but favors FWD over AWD. I have 2 Japanese and 2 American sports cars, all RWD and all with fat low profile summer/performance tires- they dont usually get out at all in nasty weather. Like a dumbazz I buried the Infinity G35 last winter, it was parked off to the side of the driveway buried under snow, I had left it there before it snowed instead of taking it to the storage unit. I tried backing it out to go take it to storage, but instead got it stuck. I was just going to let it sit out there under a cover until winter was over but the ol lady went right out there and got it right out. My manhood is still intact: she grew up in Minnesota, I grew up in southern CA...

Last edited:

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty simple but not as much fun as kibitzing over which is better.

In order of what will get you going when the going gets tough.
1. 4x4 or AWD
2. Front Wheel Drive
3. Rear Wheel Drive car.
4. Rear Wheel Drive pick up, this can get stuck on wet leaves if the front wheels are in any kind of depression.

Latest posts

Top Bottom