2WD or 4x4??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes.
image.jpg

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a bone stock, 90 model Suzuki Samurai, it was the best vehicle I ever owned for getting around in the snow and ice. I credit that to the light weight and very low horse power. Put it in 4wd low and it would idle out of most situations. I drove it for ten years and it was falling to pieces when I got rid of it. I still kick myself for not putting a few bucks into it and keeping it just for the winter weather. I wish I could buy another one brand new for the price I gave for it back then. I think it was 8249.00 dollars. LOL

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cracked up today looking out and watching my 2 plus size neighbors both in wayyy too small new Christmas yoga pants bury a little Kia Soul in the mud in their front yard. No ice. No snow. Just a soggy front yard against a lil fwd 4 banger. Yard won. Likely they parked it there before Noahs floods started Friday and then decided to move it today. It aint goin no where. They better be glad they have a bunch of other cars over there...

Uhhhh....Pics??????

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 4WD F150 and a Jeep Wrangler now, but, for a lotta' years my best ride in snowy weather was an old RWD Toyotal pickup. Engine was way down on power. I would load the bed with snow and start off in 2nd gear and go just about anywhere I wanted. Not great on the clutch, but very little tire slipage. When the snow melted in the bed, the snow had melted on the ground and the extra weight was no longer needed. Not too glamorous, but highly functional.

Latest posts

Top Bottom