.300 Blackout on Guns & Ammo TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The .300 Blackout will be discussed on Guns & Ammo tomorrow (Monday) evening at 7:00 P.M., channel 247 (Sportsmans Channel) if you're on Cox Cable in Tulsa area. I've been thinking about building one of these...

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The .300 Blackout will be discussed on Guns & Ammo tomorrow (Monday) evening at 7:00 P.M., channel 247 (Sportsmans Channel) if you're on Cox Cable in Tulsa area. I've been thinking about building one of these...

I have one, It's got it's place which is short to intermediate engagement ranges. Ammo is not easy to find so if you want to shoot it a lot you'll need to reload for it.

B Gordon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a funny story about the round.
A buddy had an AR built in 300 Whisper back before the Blackout became an industry standard round.
250 grain Sierra 30 cal Matchking bullets at some velocity that is slightly subsonic.
He brought it to Red Castle one time and we did a little tactical teamwork thing with it on the steel.
He had mounted a mildot scope that has 55 moa of vertical adjustment (Leupold M3) and of course is running a silencer.
Sighted it in at 100 yards and it did reasonably good, which surprised me.
Just for giggles we took it over to the longer range steel to see just how far it would shoot.
Popped a few rounds at the 220 yard steel chickens till he was getting good hits.
Made a guestimated adjustment and shot a few steel pigs at 330 yards.
Adjusted some more and were getting hits on steel turkeys at 415 yards.
Went to shoot at 550 yard steel rams and put all 55 moa of vertical adjustment in the scope and was still hitting low so he ended up doing a 4.5 mil holdover in addition to the 55 moa of adjustment to get some good hits on the steel at 550 yards with that pissy little subsonic round.
Add the holdover to the adjustment and you get about 70 moa of total adjustment but it was doing a real good job of getting hits and knocking over the steel.
It was so neat hearing the little poof from the shot then waiting and waiting to see if the bullet would hit the target. About the time you would think it had missed, the target would fall over and then you would hear the tink of the bullet hitting the steel.
Fun to do once just to see if it can be done so he put the AR back in the safe and hasn't brought it out since.

GroupGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 220 grn bullet at 1,000+ fps is hard hitting and crazy quiet out of AR platform. With A 30 or 60rd mag makes a pretty sweet home defense gun that won't wake the kids if dispatched as well as a hell of of hog shooting gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom