.300 Blk does the trick nicely.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loaded up some 125Gr SST bullets with some H110 forget the exact load data but my AAC 16" complete upper groups them at about .75 at 100yards. Have taken 2 does with them so far. First was by me. Ran about 40 yards and was done. Decent blood but there was no exit wound.

2nd was by my nephew I took hunting. SHot this little button buck at 100 yards right in the shoulder. Dropped him where he stood. Penetrated the shoulder bone and transferred all its energy. No exit wound on this deer either. He was stoked!!! And I was as exited as if it was my first deer. Great time and the rifle has little to no recoil so he was not scared of it even though he only weighs 75# sopping wet. [Broken External Image]

Last edited:

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmm, Ive been wanting to try the .300 blk. I was told that it was as simple as swapping out the barrel in my AR, but I wasnt sure it was really that easy. Do you know? If its that easy, then I may get a barrel and make the change. I dont reload, but Ive been seeing the .300 ammo at wallyworld for the past couple months on a pretty consistent basis.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Are you asking if you need to modify or plug your AR mag loaded with 300AAC to be legal to hunt deer?

If so, the answer is no, no plug needed. But I would refer you to the ODW website or your local GW for clarity and authority on this question.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ok cool, ill see about getting a barrel. and i assume that using my AR with the .300 blackout barrel/ammo would then make it legal to hunt with more than 7 rounds?

The round restriction only applies to .22 caliber rounds. So you could load as many .30 caliber rounds as you want.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you asking if you need to modify or plug your AR mag loaded with 300AAC to be legal to hunt deer?

If so, the answer is no, no plug needed. But I would refer you to the ODW website or your local GW for clarity and authority on this question.

7 round mag needed for .22 caliber bullets. Any other caliber you can run a 100 round drum mag, or belt fed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom