.321 Federal Experience?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with .321 Federal ammo? My wife had shoulder surgery last August and hasn't regained the strength in her hands to be able to rack the slide on a semi-auto. She has a Beretta Tomcat .22 which she could tip up the barrel for the firt shot but that isn't a real comforting thought if she had to defend herself at home. Since she can't shoulder a weapon either, the .410 SG won't even do her any good. I've always been interested in the .321 Federal round since I read about it and have many times asked LGS if they run across them. No luck so far. She could shoot left handed if required so a six gun would still be to her benefit. I'm not really a fan of the .38 Special but could do a .357 shooting .38s I reckon for her. Better than a .22 in dire straits. I am really interested in the .321 Federal though. Anyone have any feedback on the round?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be truthful I am kicking myself for not getting a .327 a few years back. The revolvers chambered in .327 are rapidly climbing in value and I'm afraid I waited a little too long. I've never actually fired a .327 but am a fan of the .32 round. The .32 S&W, the .32 S&W Long, the .32 H&R Mag, and the .327 all share the same lineage and all can be fired in a .327.

Ruger chambered the SP101, the Blackhawk, and the GP100 in .327 and S&W had the 632. Taurus and Charter also had some but I'm not a fan of those makers enough to buy one.

If I can find the right deal on one I'll pick one up. I think it would make a fine round in your wife's case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom