.357 Redhawk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my Ruger Blackhawk Convertible .45Colt/.45acp because I wanted something that I could shoot hot .45Colt out of but I never did buy any hot ammo because I kept thinking... hmmm, I bet it will hurt...a lot. LOL

I love shooting my .44 magnum S&W 629 V-Comp and it has quite a push but it has a recoil absorbing grip and a compensator so I imagine that helps a fair bit. One of these days, once I get some ammo, I'm going to shoot it with the compensator on and then again with it off and the uncut device installed to see just how much difference there is. The curiosity is killing me recently... Plus I'm jonesing for some magnum trigger time. That kind of recoil out of a single action wood grip plow handle, it's gotta sting.

It don't sting to much. You can't put a death grip on it. When you shoot you let it recoil upwards and let the grip rotate in your hand. It's unnatural but that is where it wants to go. Slower follow up but doesn't hurt at and you get a lot more trigger time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom