.380acp terminal ballistics of the Elsie Pea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is the small size worth the small round?

• Yes

Votes: 30 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That has to be the most over used and ridiculous argument ever.

I wouldn't let you shoot an air rifle at me, much less a .380, but that doesn't mean it's the best choice for a defensive handgun.

If you are in a situation where you absolutely must be there, and absolutely must have your shirt tucked, and absolutely cannot add a suit jacket...

Then we can talk about carrying a .380 in a pocket as primary being the best choice.

point is nobody wants to get shot no matter the round; and they will all kill ya deader than dirt....is their a universal best choice? a well placed shot is key over the round...

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Personally, I only carry a Desert Eagle .50 cal. for EDC. Everything else is just a gamble.

What do you carry it in, a roll around suitcase.;)

As has been said before, shot placement is the most important part of self defense. Seven rounds out of a 1911 that miss are useless. And in most gunfights, most of the rounds miss.

The other old saw is if you leave your gun at home because it is too much of a burden to carry, it sure won't help you in a gunfight. I often ask folks just how they decide when to carry, do they have a feeling that today is the day they will have to defend themselves.

Just find a gun that you can shoot with accuracy and try to build a little stress into your shooting and carry that gun every day. Every day, all day, no excuses. That will be the gun that will save your life not the .45 at home.

JMHO

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a full size HK USP Full Size in winter but truth be told; it or the beloved 1911 are kind of silly to take jogging. So I think “yes” an LCP .380 or similar design has a real role and can be far from just a talisman.

If Sasquatch jumps out of the bushes I don’t want my .45 ACP I want a .50 BMG but I am limited by our laws to .45.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That has to be the most over used and ridiculous argument ever.

I wouldn't let you shoot an air rifle at me, much less a .380, but that doesn't mean it's the best choice for a defensive handgun.

If you are in a situation where you absolutely must be there, and absolutely must have your shirt tucked, and absolutely cannot add a suit jacket...

Then we can talk about carrying a .380 in a pocket as primary being the best choice.

Whoa, big boy. Easy. Settle. I wasn't saying that the 380 is a good choice as a primary CCW. Not at all. I'd never carry one as a primary. I'll take a snubbie .357 any day over a 380.

My point is a 380 can still be deadly. Would I trust my life or the lives of my family to one? Hell no.

:sunbath:

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arguments can be made either way on the stopping power of any round. And 380s definitely have value as a carry weapon. If you doubt me, stand in front of me and let me fire a JHP-loaded LCP into your chest. No takers? Didn't think so.

you could always say.

shoot someone in the chest with a JHP .380 then a JHP 9mm and ask them which one was the shot was the .380

Latest posts

Top Bottom