3D printer filament ABS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have 3 partial rolls of 1.75mm ABS more than half full, free to good home. 2 blue one white. I have spent way too much time trying to get my printer to work with it, I give. If nobody wants it it's going in the dumpster. 4 miles east of Catoosa on 412. PM or email.
Bob

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 partial rolls of 1.75mm ABS more than half full, free to good home. 2 blue one white. I have spent way too much time trying to get my printer to work with it, I give. If nobody wants it it's going in the dumpster. 4 miles east of Catoosa on 412. PM or email.
Bob
UGH.. WICH YOU WERE CLOSER.!!!! I have an 11 year old burning thru my roll.... If fed ex is an option I might be able to create a pickup though...

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ABS really requires an enclosed printer to work, is yours open? I've mainly moved to PETG where I need something with the strength of ABS. Edit: Also PLA + is supposed to work well with pew pew parts if that is what you are trying.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
PXL_20211026_134008691.jpg

Something I finished yesterday just screwing around with since I was bored. You can see the Dobby I did in ABS behind the rocket. Got the art teacher at Casady to paint it for me.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
ABS stuff is spoken for, thanks gang.

I tried everything I could find on the internet, built a cardboard inclosure, bought several kinds of building surfaces, spent way more time than I should have. Finally decided it just wasn't worth messing with. I have two printers both do fantastic with PLA from my Design Spark drawings but neither likes ABS at all.

Just bought two rolls of PETG, haven't tried it yet. Going to get a PEI bed for one of my printers before I start playing with it.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ABS stuff is spoken for, thanks gang.

I tried everything I could find on the internet, built a cardboard inclosure, bought several kinds of building surfaces, spent way more time than I should have. Finally decided it just wasn't worth messing with. I have two printers both do fantastic with PLA from my Design Spark drawings but neither likes ABS at all.

Just bought two rolls of PETG, haven't tried it yet. Going to get a PEI bed for one of my printers before I start playing with it.
If you don't mind ordering from Europe and spending a tad more, Prusa filaments (both PLA and PETG) are excellent. For Amazon filament I usually order Solutech. I've used PEI beds on Prusa printers, but mine has glass. Of the two glass is more forgiving. Just make sure to clean your PEI bed with acetone on a regular basis. That is the only gotcha my wife's school has run into with theirs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom