4473 for an individual

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you believe in individuals requiring 4473

• YES

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • HECK NO

Votes: 49 98.0%

• Total voters

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make this short before i journey up north.

Anyone ever been asked to do a 4473 by an individual? Any reason why or why not?
I have never or been asked so by a non FFL.
I've been asked to complete a bill of sale as part of a private sale, but not an actual 4473. Most FFLs will assist with completing them as part of a private sale if both parties agree to go that route.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No reason why to do so, unless one party believes the other might be shady and so wants to add a layer of “security” by going through the FFL. In such a case, I’d decline to do the deal - but then again, I won’t do any deal with an individual if he/she required a transfer where it wasn’t needed. Same with a bill of sale, signed or not, or copying my DL info.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An individual can't require you to fill out a 4473. I suppose they could, but they couldn't do anything with it if they had one and your completed it...aside from maybe steal your identity.
Yeah they can, or they don’t sell you the gun. I only did It once with “new to the site” person here at OSA , wasn’t established here do I said I’d only do it if it were transferred at an FFL and he agreeed.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah they can, or they don’t sell you the gun. I only did It once with “new to the site” person here at OSA , wasn’t established here do I said I’d only do it if it were transferred at an FFL and he agreeed.

I said an individual...so did the OP and he specified "non FFL".

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you posted this, because I’m trying to buy a high end rifle from a guy 5 hours away and was going to drive down today to do the deal. He sprung it on me last night that he wanted to meet at a gun store, so I could do a 4473 on the rifle. I told him if I was doing a 4473 I’d pay shipping to a local dealer and save myself 10 hours driving and probably $200 in fuel. I haven’t heard back from him yet. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom