$50.00 ladder stands at Academy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have one. I think I may pick one up. Ive always used a climber, but I thought I might give this one a try. It dosent look very comfy especially next to my summit viper

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have one. I think I may pick one up. Ive always used a climber, but I thought I might give this one a try. It dosent look very comfy especially next to my summit viper

I am guessing you like your Summit stand? I have a Summit climber, I can't remember what model it is, but I just cannot get comfortable in that thing. The seat seems to slide either too far back or too far forward. I love the idea of a climbing treestand, they are an awesome idea, especially in a bottom where you have tall trees with no limbs at the bottom. Lot of areas in Oklahoma they don't work well, but down here in the pines and hardwood bottoms they are awesome. Just a little uncomfortable for hours on end.

Are these the stands you are referring to?

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/stands_ladder&start=0&selectedSKU=0339-00213-3004

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep that is the stand i was talking about. I like the climber, but like you said its tough to find the perfect tree. I plan to take it deep out on public land and just leave it up for a few weeks. I love the climber, but i hate hauling it in...im tired and grumpy and the last thing i want to do is drag the climber throught the woods. I figure i can have the ladder set up and get in it alot faster and quieter.

Ive got a few backrests and seats i will try out on it

thanks guys

Reaction score
The $99 two man buddy stand at Academy ain't bad either, and to me, a better deal (safer - if you wrap some burlap pretty tight around the frame, it would arrest your fall long enough to wake you up and grab something if you fell asleep! But the $49 plain jane 50' ladder stand looks good too. Just use your harness. Funny how Academy regular prices beat Bass Pro clearance sale prices, let alone their "ordinary sale" prices.

Say, that gives me an idea for a temp sig line change....

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'd say go ahead and get it. It's a good price for a ladder stand and you won't be out a lot of money if it does come up missing.

I leave a stand at lexington permenantly. It's been there for 3 years now. Just make sure and get a good cable and lock and get it in the deep woods and you should be ok.

Oh, and let us know how it works for you.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We buy a few treestands every year, just to add to the collection. Last year we decided to upgrade a little and not buy the cheaper River's Edge treestand, or whatever we found on sale. Instead we bought 2 tripods, and three ladder stands by Big Game. They were a little more, but I kind of think it was worth it. I found that I can sit in the stand a LOT longer if I am more comfortable. The seats on the Big Game stands make a world of difference. My butt doesn't fall asleep and legs don't go numb. All that means is I can sit there till noon if I want to without getting claustrphobic in the cheaper stands. Now if I were just starting out, I would buy two cheap stands as opposed to one good stand. But now that I have a few, I am going to step it up a notch. My butt will thank me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom