.50 BMG Targets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMac

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in CheaperThanDirt in McKinney, TX last weekend and saw a Barrett .50 BMG rifle for $18,950. That got me to thinking...... What is a good use for a .50 BMG at $$$$$$$ per round and upwards of $20,000? Other than of course shooting the occasional terrorist at a few miles away through concrete walls!!!!!!!!!! It's overkill on dangerous game in Africa obviously. No North American dangerous game rise to that level since we like to mount the trophies rather than obliterate them. Any good, creative ideas for what to shoot with a .50 BMG?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prairie dogs!

I'd LOVE to see some prairie dogs go SPLAT with a .50BMG, or a .458 SOCOM or Beowulf or something! :D

Anyone know of any videos of this kind of thing? Pink mist! :D

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several ideas on how to deploy a semi auto 50 cal. none of which include a game animal of any size.

I am pretty certain that dog video has a misleading title. Those did not look like any .50 cal impacts I have ever seen.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't say that I bought anything there! I like to go window shopping occasionally. I always come back to OK Shooters forums to get feedback before seriously looking elsewhere to go buy. :screwy:

I didn't say you made a purchase, and I didn't say you got screwed. YOU did say the price was extremely high a d why would somebody have a .50 BMG? I was making the point, that Cheaper Than Dirt is a bad place to compare prices.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Giant gypsum rocks with ball ammo from one side of the canyon to the other. We'd take a trailer, piece of carpet, and an atv. One of us would position the trailer on top of the canyon on one side, lay on the trailer on the carpet as padding. From there it was about 450y to the other side. Which ever one of that wasn't shooting would drive down to the bottom of the canyon, which was about 150y below the top, from there, you could hear that round scream over the top of you and slam into the canyon wall on the other side.....which was impressive! White gyp rocks explode nicely:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom