57 Investigations of Guns Stolen From Vehicles in OKC So Far This Year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WHERE were these vehicles broken into?
Post Office?
School?
Bank?
Hospital?
Office building?
Job?
Fed building?

Other Gun Free Zone?

Thieves KNOW good chance of finding a gun inside. The idiot politicians CREATED the problem. Not the gun owner.

Do you CC in a forbidden location or lock it in your vehicle?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are going someplace where you know you cannot carry (for any reason, or in any concealed condition), and you cannot adequately secure your weapon in your vehicle, leave the darn thing at home. You will be 99.99999% safe for that period of time.

As @RickN said, rights carry responsibilities.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As an aside, one of my friends' sons had his truck broken into last week at 71st and Riverside. Scumbags tried to steal it, tore it up pretty bad.

Police were called, boy told to "take pictures of the damage and email them to us, we'll file a report".

Snaketzu

Marksman
Reaction score
We know from John Lott's research that anywhere gun ownership goes up and/or concealed carry gets easier, confrontational crime decreases and property crime increases.
Confrontational crime is almost always reported. Property crime is usually only reported when a police report is necessary for an insurance claim. So the trend can be hidden unless property crime statistics are corrected for unreported crimes.
I say this as backing for my otherwise anecdotal claim that property crime is on the rise in OK metro areas, regardless of what statistics the local police departments are trotting out. Don't leave unsecured firearms in vehicles or homes unless they are well hidden. Center consoles, glove boxes, and nightstand drawers don't count.

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Ford Maverick and while building it out, they have an option for a console vault. Do you all think this would be enough to safely store a gun?

1675966216837.png

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at the Ford Maverick and while building it out, they have an option for a console vault. Do you all think this would be enough to safely store a gun?

I bet a pry bar pops it open instantly. Better than nothing though.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Definitely a problem. I wonder how many people arrested for having a stolen gun in their possession have actually been prosecuted and convicted of a felony? I’m guessing that’s a bigger problem. When criminals are actually prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law instead of plea bargained out some of them might not be on the streets stealing guns out of vehicles. The guy who stole a gun out of my dad’s truck never served a day. I couldn’t legally carry a gun inside the post office but you can bet there was one in the vehicle. The vehicle was locked and the gun hidden but I’m sure someone with enough time in the vehicle could find it. Instead of blaming the crime victim maybe prosecuting the criminal would be a better approach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom