6" EDC/small game skinner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first one of these I made was for a friend he wanted a small knife for small game skinning, since then I have made a hand full of them for people using them as EDC. It's not my first choice for EDC as I like a little sharper tip and a tad bit longer but to each there own.

6" total
blade is 2 3/8" of Alabama Damascus
handle is rams horn with Damascus Bolster and Mosaic pins with red g-10 liner.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blade looks wicked thick.

If I remember right, the billet that knife was cut from was around .156" or 5/32 which is kind of thick for a small knife, but I always tend to use thicker blades for some reason. I give them a high flat grind and take the edge to.015 - .020" before heat treatment then the secondary bevel is made at 22 degrees on this one, its hair popping sharp. Plus it gives them some meat if you know what I mean feels like your holding something...lol.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome, do you have a website or anything like that? I'm always looking for quality hand made knives as finances allow. Do you make to customer specifications?

Thanks!

no websight I can't make enough knives to support one, I post on this sight and two others and that keeps me booked up. I do make to customer specifications if it is something we both can agree on. I do have a facebook set up where I upload most of the knives I make and also a photobucket I will put the links below.

www.facebook.com/s.pottscustomknives
http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/randallss7/library/?sort=3&page=1

HarveyDanger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are some mighty fine looking knives. I alway have to keep myself from looking at knives (and guns) too much because I always find after I look at a few I find out I have a hole that needs to be filled

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an idea of what I want in mind. I'm looking through your photobucket pictures right now. I'll shoot you a pm with some pictures and see if we can work something out design wise and go from there. I'd love to have one of your knives, and hope our 2 minds together can come up with something awesome! I'm not horribly picky, especially looking at your knives and the style are what I like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom