60 minutes on Preppers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll read tonight when I get home from work but honestly, I dunno how anyone goes to the grocery store these days and doesn't realize they need to be thinking a little farther out than what's for dinner tonight. I'm not exaggerating when I say truck days at the store make me antsy -- we can order all we want but what comes in ... And what we wind up paying for it ... Are always in flux it seems.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People think that grocery stores have big warehouses in the back, but they don't. One day of no deliveries and you will see bare shelves. We had a good snowstorm a few years ago in WA and people lost their minds. Trucks couldn't get over the passes to the stores, and people couldn't get gas (either the card reader was out or no electricity to pump the gas).

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People think that grocery stores have big warehouses in the back, but they don't. One day of no deliveries and you will see bare shelves. We had a good snowstorm a few years ago in WA and people lost their minds. Trucks couldn't get over the passes to the stores, and people couldn't get gas (either the card reader was out or no electricity to pump the gas).

This is the truth. Our "backroom" is practically non-existent. And our shelves out front are half empty. I've seen a LOT of people getting their Thanksgiving shopping done early this week. There was scuttlebutt of a turkey shortage but we have plenty. Same with all the sides -- except baby carrots. 🤷 We are out of those but today is truck day so we shall see ...

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the truth. Our "backroom" is practically non-existent. And our shelves out front are half empty. I've seen a LOT of people getting their Thanksgiving shopping done early this week. There was scuttlebutt of a turkey shortage but we have plenty. Same with all the sides -- except baby carrots. 🤷 We are out of those but today is truck day so we shall see ...
Baby carrots, you mean those short stubby things they machine to size and then bleach to disinfect ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom