7ft 6in Great Dane loves chicken & peanut butter...he's also destroyed 23 sofas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet that Freddie and his sis Fleur take "Industrial Size" pooper scoopers and large truck to haul them off in. :naughty::wink2: :rollingla:rotflmao:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-Great-Dane-loves-chicken-peanut-butter.html
Meet Freddy, the biggest dog in the world: 7ft 6in Great Dane loves chicken and peanut butter... but he's also munched his way through 23 sofas
By Nick Enoch for MailOnline
PUBLISHED: 07:38 EST, 18 December 2016 | UPDATED: 07:41 EST, 18 December 2016

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a beagle that ripped up a leather couch and love seat once.
.22 Rimfire came to mind, but she sure turned out to be a great rabbit dog.
That dane is a beast.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dog loves peanut butter and chicken too. He is spoiled rotten but he ever eats a couch and all bets are off. And there is no FLIPPING way I would spend over $16,000 per year to feed him either (conversion rate today at 1.25:1, two years ago would be 1.75:1 or around $22,000). That dog needs a full time JOB to feed himself. I am sure some old lady needs some transportation around town or something, maybe use him as police dog. I know if something that big was coming after me and the cop said freeze or I'll sick the dog on you I'm not moving an inch. A dog that big would eat your leg before you could hit the ground if you ran.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dog loves peanut butter and chicken too. He is spoiled rotten but he ever eats a couch and all bets are off. And there is no FLIPPING way I would spend over $16,000 per year to feed him either (conversion rate today at 1.25:1, two years ago would be 1.75:1 or around $22,000). That dog needs a full time JOB to feed himself. I am sure some old lady needs some transportation around town or something, maybe use him as police dog. I know if something that big was coming after me and the cop said freeze or I'll sick the dog on you I'm not moving an inch. A dog that big would eat your leg before you could hit the ground if you ran.

Great Danes wouldn't make much of a police dog. Got to love em, they think they are lap dogs.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To make Freddy's and his sis's stats a little more relate-able, his 14.5 stone is about 203lbs. and their £12,500/yr. dog food bill is about $15.5K US.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great Danes wouldn't make much of a police dog. Got to love em, they think they are lap dogs.
That would be interesting to test out. Male great danes are very, very protective. I'm not sure how well that would translate into police work, but the general attitude and senses are there.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a quick search, it looks like great danes have been used successfully for police and military work, but they aren't the preferred breed simply because of their size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom