Guthrie Nursing home workers arrested after allegedly taking inappropriate photos, videos of patients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is sad and crap does happen all to often, which can only be expected when you have minimal wage employees caring for people that many times have been dumped and forgotten by their families, but I will not tar them all with the same brush. I have seen far more caring, dedicated people than I have seen bad ones.

I do not remember if I told you guys or not, but I spent a little time in one after getting out of the hospital back in 2019. I could not walk without help and my wife was not up to taking care of me. The employees took good care of me, the food was okay for institutional food. One of them even came in on Sundays and fired up the grill and gave us something different to eat. Grilled chicken thighs may not sound like anything special but it was pretty nice to me. Also the first shower after almost two months of bed baths was heaven.

If you do have to place someone in a nursing home, visit them often, talk with the staff and treat them with respect because it is a tough, sometimes nasty job that most people will not do. Not only do they spend 8 hours a day cleaning, piss, crap and spit, they have to see people they grow close to pass away a lot more than other people ever will.

I still have a hat that belonged to a lady at a home I worked at. She would get up at night and roam the halls sometimes getting into trouble. Several nights she would be out of it and I would pick her up and carry her back to her bed telling that she had to stay there until I came to get her for breakfast. One morning another aid tried to get her up and she refused. Said she was not getting up until the big man came to get her. :P

Her family gave me the hat when she passed because they said she always talked about me.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Side notes:

1. My wife helped start up two different completely new homes. Both brand new construction to maximize residents comfort. Both were top shelf facilities. Both ran for maximum profit. Both soon quit caring about residents after about 6 months.

So blame the owners first.

2. My son used to volunteer at one of those that had an Alzheimer’s unit. He’d go in about two days a week. He actually enjoyed it. He’d play cards and dominos with them. The home closed down about a year after my wife left but my son would still occasionally ask about the residents.

Consider volunteering.

feral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would take them to a motel.

A very cheap, seedy motel. Tie them to the bed. Open the curtains. Leave the door open and give out invites. Then, post the kids and pics everywhere.

I mean, they thought it was fun. Let them have fun. Don't be mad.
Families should decide the form justice should take...but suggestions welcome.
I like yours

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife also worked for an Infusion company which serviced about 3/4 of the state. She did both in home and in facility which was both hospital and nursing home. As a result she was in pretty much every nursing home in their region. She said there were a bunch of crap holes out there, especially in the smaller communities where it was hard to recruit help. Some of the stories…..

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is sad and crap does happen all to often, which can only be expected when you have minimal wage employees caring for people that many times have been dumped and forgotten by their families, but I will not tar them all with the same brush. I have seen far more caring, dedicated people than I have seen bad ones.

I do not remember if I told you guys or not, but I spent a little time in one after getting out of the hospital back in 2019. I could not walk without help and my wife was not up to taking care of me. The employees took good care of me, the food was okay for institutional food. One of them even came in on Sundays and fired up the grill and gave us something different to eat. Grilled chicken thighs may not sound like anything special but it was pretty nice to me. Also the first shower after almost two months of bed baths was heaven.

If you do have to place someone in a nursing home, visit them often, talk with the staff and treat them with respect because it is a tough, sometimes nasty job that most people will not do. Not only do they spend 8 hours a day cleaning, piss, crap and spit, they have to see people they grow close to pass away a lot more than other people ever will.

I still have a hat that belonged to a lady at a home I worked at. She would get up at night and roam the halls sometimes getting into trouble. Several nights she would be out of it and I would pick her up and carry her back to her bed telling that she had to stay there until I came to get her for breakfast. One morning another aid tried to get her up and she refused. Said she was not getting up until the big man came to get her. :P

Her family gave me the hat when she passed because they said she always talked about me.
I agree. There are bad folks in those facilities, but the good folks out weigh them that work there.
Wife and I spent over 6 years traveling to Broken Arrow from Ponca City twice a month when her mom and FIL were going through the assisted living and FIL in memory care at the end.
It was a rough time, but we did it and felt we had done our duty to support them in their final days.
We never found a single employee that disrespected them. As a backup to that statement, we installed security cameras in their rooms, monitored 24/7 except for their bedroom area.
When the facility found out we had installed cams, there was a sign put on their door that cams were in use within that room. That helps those that could be a potential perve curb that and do their job when finding out they are being watched.
Overall, a good experience for the family members when they could no longer take care of themselves and needed help.
We offered to move them to our location so it would be easier for them to be under our care, but they decided to stay in Broken Arrow, which was a burden on us, but we gladly accepted that burden as they used to wipe our butts when younger.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. There are bad folks in those facilities, but the good folks out weigh them that work there.
Wife and I spent over 6 years traveling to Broken Arrow from Ponca City twice a month when her mom and FIL were going through the assisted living and FIL in memory care at the end.
It was a rough time, but we did it and felt we had done our duty to support them in their final days.
We never found a single employee that disrespected them. As a backup to that statement, we installed security cameras in their rooms, monitored 24/7 except for their bedroom area.
When the facility found out we had installed cams, there was a sign put on their door that cams were in use within that room. That helps those that could be a potential perve curb that and do their job when finding out they are being watched.
Overall, a good experience for the family members when they could no longer take care of themselves and needed help.
We offered to move them to our location so it would be easier for them to be under our care, but they decided to stay in Broken Arrow, which was a burden on us, but we gladly accepted that burden as they used to wipe our butts when younger.
Yes and I highly recommend nanny cams if you do need to put a loved one in a home. Especially if your loved one starts complaining of mistreatment or abuse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom