9mm FMJ where to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been a while since I did any reloading. I used to reload 9mm all the time. It was cost effective to do then. Now, if you go to Sports World or similar their 9mm ammo is only pennies higher than buying just the bullets for reloading. So I guess the question is for those that reload 9mm is there a decent priced place to buy jacketed bullets from? I guess cast lead would save some $$$$ but I hate shooting lead as I have never had anything but severe leading with it.
Thanks!

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your getting severe leading then you are either over/under loading them or are buying too soft lead. I'd try a good hard cast bullet before I totally wrote them off for good.

For FMJ I'd look at Precision Delta. They are 74 a thousand for 115's

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
J&K's a member here on the site. Theirs are pretty hard to beat and are made here in Oklahoma. I like their 147 gr flat nose

acp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had some old Yeager cast 9mm, I did what tyromeo55 said, I backed off on the load. I guess I had them too hot. Anyway they worked fine, and I also had some Blazer brass factory ammo. well, I have to say that the cast after I backed the load off was a lot more accurate than the Blazer. Anyway I contacted J&K and I will try his, I will pick some up in a week or so when he makes it to Tulsa for a match. I have been to Bill's years ago, but not lately. I do need some primers and I might make a trip to see him for those unless we get an order going for Powder Valley.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your getting severe leading then you are either over/under loading them or are buying too soft lead. I'd try a good hard cast bullet before I totally wrote them off for good.

For FMJ I'd look at Precision Delta. They are 74 a thousand for 115's

That's a common misconception - leading caused by too HARD of alloy.

I've shot 1000s of J&K bullets with no signs of need for cleaning above norm.

So another vote for J&K - http://www.jkbullets.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom