9x23 Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It aint worth squat unless you have a 9x23. lol. Its nothing rare or anything; win does a run of that ammo every once in a while. I still have a case of silvertips in 9x23.

avaliant

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks everybody will dump it for about seventy on the dollar or less. Thanks again[/QUOTE

I would like to have some 9x23. Best price I've found is $25 per box for Winchester. I use it in a 38 super Witness Elite Match. I've also used 9x23 in a RIA 1911 38 super. Dick Metcalf who was an editor for Guns & Ammo and Shooting Times also of Metcalf Gun Shows said he has run 9x23 win in dozen's of 38 supers without any problems. Google "EAA pistol review by Dick Metcalf"
So you don't necessarily need a 9x23 pistol to shoot the ammo you have.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dimensionally 9 X 23 is a rather hot cartridge; around 60,000 CUP if I recall. 38 Super +P is not nearly so toasty. If you fire it in a weaker .38 Super you are going to stress it pretty good. Don't even think about shooting it in a .38 Auto; WAY overpressure for it.

It is possible to tweak the chamber of a 38 Super so that it will chamber and fire 9 X 23's. Takes a 9 X 23 finish reamer. Not a practice I can recommend for regular use though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom