A/C guys ? Question about roof AC for 98 Wanderer lite travel trailer 28'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

getsum

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought this for the land.

A/C is the typical roof type A/C

A/C blows freaking COLD.......... when you turn it on.
I have only used it 3-4 times total since got it..

Last ngiht noticed this----

Now - After it has been on for a few hours it quits blowing as hard and is not quite as cold.

I pulled the little 8x8 return grill/cover off of it to look up through the ceiling and noticed :
The freaking Finned return was caked in ice (solid) Like an 1/8 to 1/4 inches of ice...

I thought CRAP.....
Turned it off, let it melt/thaw.
Turn it back on and it blows strong and cold again.

What is wrong and causing the thing to freeze over ?

now it is hot outside from 100-90s in day and night around 80.
Is it because of the temp difference / humidity difference ?

or something else -- What do you recommend to clear this up ?

DeerCreek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled the little 8x8 return grill/cover off of it to look up through the ceiling and noticed :
The freaking Finned return was caked in ice (solid) Like an 1/8 to 1/4 inches of ice...

Between this grill and the evaporator ("freaking Finned return") there should be a filter. If it's dirty you should clean it or replace it depending on the type of filter. Regardless you should still check the evaporator condition. Someone could have run the unit without a filter in the past. If everything is clean and flowing as it should then it could be a refrigerant problem.

Whatever you do be careful around the evaporator. The last thing you want to do is damage the coil.

You may want to have a service tech look at it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom