A coyote hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job Jeremy! How was the wind? Were they circling downwind on the long shots?

Thanks Lonnie.

The wind was really light out of the north until about 10 o'clock. Then it switched to the west and southwest. It got kinda breezy but still 10mph or less. Kinda cloudy the first half the day then the sun came out. Really all of our sets were setup so if they did circle downwind they would have to come out in an open field. It really wasn't an issue. The issue was making split second shots from not so good positions. We always use chairs and bipods so we're pretty steady. The one I shot off the pond damn I had to really crank around to get my scope on her and I could feel my sides starting to ache as I took the shot. Any further around and I would haw had to readjust my chair and probably missed the opportunity. No two sets are the same, even year to year calling the same spots its always different. That's what I love about it.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you win anything for your big dog? That's pretty good sized dog. We won big dog a few weeks ago with one 37.2 and the next biggest wasn't even within 7 lbs. Bet that was quite a hump getting him out!

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work, We called in four but made a couple bad shots. The coyote I put down went 39 lbs when we first weighed him, he was down in the 20s by the time the day was done so we didn't even take him in

Latest posts

Top Bottom