A Navy SEAL and an Army Ranger explain the difference between these elite tiers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DA 20

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The internet has no shortage of basement-dwelling commandos beating at their keyboards like chimpanzees as they forcefully insist upon one incorrect factoid or another regarding Special Operations units. All SEALs are considered Tier One, right?

No. Rangers pull security for Delta, correct? Time to throw away that scratched-up "Black Hawk Down" DVD, hero.

Since the internet stupidity goes on and on, two people at Sofrep decided to team up to write a definitive article about the differences between SEALs and Rangers. This article was written by Brandon Webb, who served in SEAL Team Three, and Jack Murphy, who served in the 3rd Ranger Battalion.

http://www.businessinsider.com/difference-between-navy-seals-and-the-75th-ranger-regiment-2015-9

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure why an article like this is even warranted. All anyone has to do is make a little effort and do some light to moderate reading. Sign of the times, I guess.

Sent from my meh, using my meh.

Latest posts

Top Bottom